What is CHOICES?
CHOICES is TennCare’s program for long-term care services. Long-term care includes help doing everyday activities that you may not be able to do as you grow older or if you have a physical disability. These are activities like bathing, dressing and preparing meals. Long-term care can be provided in a nursing home. Long-term care can also be provided at home, in the community, or in residential places like Assisted Care Living Facilities. Services to help a person stay at home or in the community are called Home and Community-Based Services. The care you receive in CHOICES depends on your needs.
To be in CHOICES, you must:
• Need the level of care provided in a nursing home
• AND qualify for Medicaid long-term care
To receive home care services:
• Your TennCare health plan (or MCO) must be able to safely meet your needs at home.• AND the cost of your home care can't be more than the cost of nursing home care.
What kind of home care does CHOICES cover?
• Personal care visits
• Attendant care
• Homemaker services
• Home-delivered meals
• Personal emergency response system
• Adult day care
• In-home respite care
• In-patient respite care
• Assistive technology
• Minor home modifications
• Pest control
• Community-based residential alternatives
For further information on how to apply for this program, you may call the following toll-free number: 1-866-836-6678